The Learning Program
The Learning Program offers
- 9 annual Saturday workshops held during the school year
- Separate concurrent sessions for adults and children
- Three curriculums
I Can Read! For pre-school and elementary school children, which focuses on literacy
I’ve Got Skills! For middle school children, which focuses on increasing independence and life skills
Get A Life! For high schoolers, which focuses on transitioning into adulthood
- Classes taught by early intervention specialist, speech and language pathologist and education specialists as well as guest speakers from the community
- A session for Spanish speakers
- Open registration from May to August, with placements after August depending on availability.
Classes are based on research on how children with Down syndrome learn. In 2008, we became an affiliate partner of The Learning Program, developed by the Down Syndrome Foundation of Orange County, California.
The Learning Program is held at the Gold Coast Down Syndrome Organization Resource Center 915 S. Federal Highway Boynton Beach, FL 33435
Ages 2 ½ to 22
Provides families with an experienced advocate free of charge to help manage IEPs, classroom placements and more so that children can thrive in a learning environment tailored to their needs.