The Exceptional Educators Program gives teachers the tools that will help children with Down syndrome develop their full potential. It provides on-going assistance to educators of children with Down syndrome throughout the school year. The Exceptional Educators Program has trained nearly 700 Palm Beach County Educators since 2011.
The Exceptional Educators Program is
- An all-day annual educator workshop
- Free to educators
- Offered at the beginning of every school year
- Conducted in an interactive format where participants are encouraged to ask questions and share real-life experience
- Down Syndrome 101: Practical Solutions for Educating Students with Down Syndrome
- Accessing the General Education Curriculum
- Curriculum Modifications for your student with Down Syndrome
- Getting the Behaviors You Want from Your Student with Down Syndrome
The Exceptional Educators Program is a partnership between the School District of Palm Beach County and the Gold Coast Down Syndrome Organization
Exceptional Educators is part of the Gold Coast Down Syndrome Organization Education Program, which along with the Learning Program and Educational Advocacy, gives parents the tools to help their children achieve academic and social success.
Ages 2 ½ to 22
Provides families with an experienced advocate free of charge to help manage IEPs, classroom placements and more so that children can thrive in a learning environment tailored to their needs.