The Gold Coast Down Syndrome Organization offers Educational Advocacy to families of school-aged children from pre-school through high school. There is no charge for this program.
The Educational Advocacy Program provides
- An Advocate at School IEP Meetings
- Guidance on IEPs, School Meetings and Education Matters
- Assistance with School Placements from Pre-School through High School
- Instruction on Transitioning (into pre-school, kindergarten, middle school, high school)
- Training on How to Be a Parent Advocate
- A Document Organizing Party
Educational Advocacy is part of the Gold Coast Down Syndrome Organization Education Program, which along with the Learning Program and the Exceptional Educators, gives parents the tools to help their children achieve academic and social success.
Ages 2 ½ to 22
Provides families with an experienced advocate free of charge to help manage IEPs, classroom placements and more so that children can thrive in a learning environment tailored to their needs.