Birth to Pre-K
You will hear many things about Down syndrome. Please know that much of what you will be told is out of date or incorrect. We can provide you with current and accurate information about Down syndrome that will make you feel knowledgeable and less anxious. We can empower you to make informed decisions. We can connect you with parents who understand your journey. Their insights and emotional support will be invaluable to you.
- Parent Connections matches expecting or new parents with other families who are part of the Down syndrome community and who can give support and advice
- Information and More provides help with enrolling in early intervention services, helpful websites, and resources
- New Parent Welcome Packet includes many helpful resources for families. CLICK FOR YOUR COPY ENGLISH
Paquete de Bienvenida para Padres Nuevos
- Birth to Three Facebook Support Group provides peer networking and support to new parents. CLICK to JOIN!
Music Therapy Tunes for Tots (ages birth through 3)
- Is held weekly
- Wednesday Mornings, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- This is a free, drop-in group. We suggest contacting us before you come, as the schedule may vary due to holidays
Child’s Play (ages 3 to kindergarten)
- Is held every other week
- This is a structured play group facilitated by an occupational therapist to develop dexterity and pre-k learning.
- This group is scheduled to start in the fall of 2020
Learning Program-I Can Read! (ages 3+)
- This program is held on Saturdays in nine monthly meetings during the academic year
- 9:00-10:30 a.m.
- This parent and child education program helps parents to prepare their children to enter school and to develop their pre-literacy and math skills.
This free service gives guidance to parents as they choose their children’s pre-school and kindergarten school placements and develop their first IEPs (Individualized Education Plans)
Smart Start (ages 2 to 3)
An annual workshop on transitioning to pre-school
School Rules! (ages 4 to 6)
An annual workshop on transitioning to kindergarten
Ages 2 ½ to 22
Provides families with an experienced advocate free of charge to help manage IEPs, classroom placements and more so that children can thrive in a learning environment tailored to their needs.