Adult Enrichment activities develop social and self-advocacy skills, literacy and creative expression.
Right on Q Theater Class
• Acting and improv class with an annual production, two-hour class
Joyful Noise Dance Class
• Basics in Dance and Movement, one-hour class
• Fun activities including games, arts & crafts, dance and more, 90 minutes
SAIL (Self-Advocacy for an Independent Life)
•Activities that help adults learn more about the world and their place in it. Meets monthly in the evening
The Next Chapter Book Club
• Fosters a life-long love of books. One-hour evening club. Held in the Boynton Beach Mall Food Court. Group meets one hour before the club for dinner together (optional)
• Painting and art education, two-hour class
Fitness with Friends,
• Exercise and nutrition education, one-hour class
Activities take place at the Gold Coast Down Syndrome Organization Resource Center 915 S. Federal Highway Boynton Beach, unless otherwise indicated.
In 2019, Zach Gottsagen made history as the first person with Down syndrome to present at the Annual Oscar Ceremonies after starring in the movie The Peanut Butter Falcon. Zach and his mom Shelley have been active in the Gold Coast Down Syndrome Organization since he was a child. As an adult, he participated in our Theater, Next Chapter Book Club and SAIL activities. Even as a kid, Zach wanted to act. Pretty much no one saw that as possible. Except for his mother. Shelley fought, litigated, and sacrificed to give Zach every opportunity to achieve that dream. Gold Coast was there to help her along the way. In the end, Zach’s talent and Shelley’s determination proved that the limitations were not in Zach. They were in the people who doubted him
Ages 2 ½ to 22
Provides families with an experienced advocate free of charge to help manage IEPs, classroom placements and more so that children can thrive in a learning environment tailored to their needs.