All kids enjoy sports and participating in leisure activities! There are many opportunities for recreation and exercise in our community for children and adults with Down syndrome and other related disabilities. See below contact information for local recreation/camp opportunities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide information about additional programs and to help keep this page up to date! We do not endorse any particular programs. References below provided strictly for information.
- Therapeutic Recreation programs for teens/young adults with developmental disabilities – 561-966-7015. For more info. about their activities click here: http://discover.pbcgov.org/parks/Pages/Therapeutic-Recreation.aspx
- Swimming is fun, healthy and a great social activity for our kids. For information about swimming lessons, including the voucher program, in Palm Beach County contact the Drowning Prevention Coalition at 561-616-7068 and/or Therapeutic Rec at 966-7088.
- Special Olympics ages 8 and older – Contact County Coordinator Rich Fleming at 561-966-7019.
- Special Olympics Young Athletes Program ages 2 to 7 – Contact Lisa Kuntzman at 561-966-7072.
- Donna Tucci School of Dance – Classes for individuals who have disabilities. Check out the link to their website or call 561-795-0053.
- Baseball – Contact the Miracle League of Delray Beach at 561-272-7612 to find out more about the program.
- Baseball – Challenger League East Boynton Beach 561-906-5648.
- Soccer Boca Raton – Contact TOPSoccer at 561-395-4073.
- Soccer – Contact Vanessa AYSO VIP Soccer Boynton Beach at 404-456-6772 or email email@example.com.
- Soccer – Contact AYSO VIP Soccer Wellington at 561-795-0044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Basketball – Contact Boca Hoops High Five Division.
- Golf – Contact The First Tee of Palm Beaches.
- Very Special Arts – Call Therapeutic Rec 561-966-7015 for more information.
- Horseback Riding/Hippo Therapy – Vinceramos Loxahatchee, Equine Assisted Therapy, Healing Horse Therapy Center Loxahatchee
- Dance – Contact Penni Greenly at Southern Dance in Boynton Beach at 561-736-9097 for more information.
- Exceptional Theatre Company http://www.etcsouthflorida.org/
- YOGA for individuals with disabilities at Yoga and Inner Peace in Lake Worth 561-641-8888.
- Check out the municipality where you live. Most of the cities in Palm Beach County have their own Parks and Recreation departments that host full schedules of sports/leisure activities for all ages. Individuals with Down syndrome should be welcome and accommodated in these programs.